Thursday, January 4, 2007

Independence Freedom Empowerment

Independence. Freedom. Empowerment.

These three words often whisper themselves in my mind. They have become synonymous with one another. You know, like sex, chocolate and shopping *smiles*.

Having found a Second Life has not only afforded me much freedom but it has also become a very important aspect of my Real Life. An extension if you may, of my physical, my spiritual, my intellectual and my sexual aspects.

They say that life is made up of stories waiting to be finished.

These are mine, chronicled with photographs, as I venture into the unknown of my mind and heart, always learning, always simply just being.















When I decided to create a Second Life and wanted to commemorate the decision with an event that would mark this journey. I went skydiving. Having never skydived in RL, I knew it could not be that difficult in SL.

I sat on the transporter, alone, contemplating on the jump.















The transporter took me to a height of 4000 feet. I jumped and this is what I looked like. My body was willing but it seemed as if other parts of me were not. Figures, the story of my life.















My parts finally caught up with one another and as I began to descend rather quickly .. I realized I did not know how to operate the parachute ...















... which resulted in this. I used photoshop to erase the blood that spattered around me.
















If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

No comments: